Caya® diaphragm is designed for all women, who want to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy in the most natural and safe way.
Caya® is particularly recommended for women who:
- want or need to use contraception without hormones (eg. because of the increased risk of thrombosis),
- do not want or cannot use contraceptive coil,
- are during the breast-feeding period,
- want to protect only if they plan intercourse,
- are just after giving birth or plan another pregnancy,
- are allergic to latex.
The Caya® contoured diaphragm is a new female contraceptive barrier device.
The shape of the Caya® diaphragm is designed to fit the female anatomy. This shape and size fits a broad range of women.
- Cervical cup: accommodates a range of cervical sizes. Thin, covers the cervix, not felt during intercourse.
- Rim: flexible, provides stability and helps guide the Caya deep into the vagina as the woman pushes on the anterior edge. Holds the diaphragm in place and ensures that it is positioned correctly.
- Grip dimples: orient the woman’s finger and provide a tactile cue for where to hold and squeeze the rim.
- Removal dome: allows for easy removal; a woman’s finger can fit under or over the dome to remove the device.
- Center point: palpable center point for a better positioning of the diaphragm.
Caya® Gel acts by reducing the motility of sperm cells. Before inserting into the vagina, place about one teaspoon (about 4 ml) of Caya® Gel into the cervical cup and onto the external rim of the Caya® diaphragm. The pH value of the gel is acidic and thus creates an hostile environment inside the vagina for the sperm cells. At the same time, the gel has a positive effect on the vaginal fluid. Improved efficacy in two aspects.
How does Caya® work?
- It is made to put into vagina like a tampoo,
- it is located between the rear vaginal vault and the void at the pubic bone,
- covers cervix completely,
- it acts as a mechanical barrier that prevents the penetration of sperm into the uterus.
Caya diaphragm should be always used together with a contraceptive gel (eg. Caya Gel).